Requirements for Your License Renewal:
The deadline for annual license renewal is 12/31 of each year.
- You must record 18 hours of continuing education (CE) credits consisting of up to 8 hours of online credit (2 of which can be self-reported) and 10 hours of in-person credits.
- “live-online” credits count as in-person credits for this renewal. The definition of live-online is a course where you can interact with the instructor.
- ALL CE credits MUST be recorded in CE Broker
- You will not be able to access your CE credit history on the board’s web site (CE Tracker). All CE history is recorded in CE Broker.
- Complete the annual renewal form
- Pay the $300 renewal fee
NOTE TO Retired DCs:
To all retired licensee’s, please contact the board at firstname.lastname@example.org to help with your renewal.
Steps for DC License Renewal
- Record ALL of your continuing education hours in CE Broker. If you do not have a FREE CE Broker account, go here: https://ncchiroboard.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/DC_CCA_Submit_CE_Here_Mar24.pdf
- Next, go to https://ncchiroboard.com/chiropractic-physician-renewal/
- Step 1will ask you to input your NC License number and click OK. If you have recorded your required CE in CE Broker, you will get a message that your CE is complete and you may proceed to Step 2. If you do not get that message, you will need to access your CE Broker account and determine why your account does not reflect the CE requirements.
- Step 2 will ask you to complete the renewal form.
- Step 3 will take you to the credit card processing portal for payment of the $300 renewal fee.
- Wait 5 business days for Board of Examiners Staff to process your renewal
(This timeframe may be extended after 12/1 so please renew early)
- Your certificate will be mailed to you once your renewal is approved by our staff.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you believe you have an issue within CE Broker, contact their support team at:
Web FAQs: https://help.cebroker.com/en/
If you believe you have an issue with the board’s web site or other aspects of this process, please contact the board by email at email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Please do NOT call the office after emailing us unless 2 business days have elapsed. There are multiple people monitoring the email box but phone calls decrease our ability to respond to emails in the order they were received.
If your license is cancelled/lapsed, you must complete the following Reinstatement Process:
- Request reinstatement with a notification to the Board Office via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay a reinstatement Fee of $325 ($300 renewal plus $25 Lapsed Fee)
- Complete and report to the Board office all required CE hours via CE Broker, and
- Take and pass the Jurisprudence Exam
- NOTE: If your license has lapsed for more than 180 days you must also take and pass the SPEC Exam.
Print your certificate by accessing your DC portal on the board’s web site nc chiro board.com and logging into your DC Portal or go directly to the page at at: https://www.cetrackerlive.com/app/UserHome.php. Then choose the top tab titled “Licenses and Renewals”. You may then click on “Certificate” to view and print your renewal certificate.
NOTE: the Payment/Renewal Form link will say that it is NOT COMPLETE because it refers to your next license renewal which will be renewed by 12/31 of next year.
You can view approved courses from your CE Broker account. You can also determine if the course is approved as an online, live-online or in-person class by checking CE Broker for listings of courses.
You can view and track your CE hours at your FREE CE Broker account.
Contact the seminar provider and ask them to register the class on CE Broker. They can find more information here: https://ncchiroboard.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Submit_Course_Applications_Here.pdf
Criteria for CE Course approval can be accessed here: http://reports.oah.state.nc.us/ncac/title%2021%20-%20occupational%20licensing%20boards%20and%20commissions/chapter%2010%20-%20chiropractic%20examiners/21%20ncac%2010%20.0207.pdf
There is additional information available on the board’s web site at: https://ncchiroboard.com/chiropractic-physician-renewal/
Email the board staff at: email@example.com. Please allow 48 business hours for response.