ANNUAL CHIROPRACTIC PHYSICIAN LICENSE RENEWAL
This page outlines the “what, when and how” to successfully complete the License Renewal process.
Your license grants you the privilege to practice chiropractic in the State of North Carolina. A failure to complete your renewal within the required timeframe may cause you to lose that privilege. Each licensee is responsible for completing the annual renewal requirements as outlined in N.C.G.S. 90-155 and Rule 10. 0204.
To renew your license, you must do the following:
- Pay your renewal fee of $300
- Complete 18-hours of approved Continuing Education
- Complete your Annual Renewal Form online
All requirements must be completed and received in the Board Office by 5 P.M, on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in January. (NCGS 90-155).
Your license will automatically be cancelled if the Board office has not received your renewal requirements by 5 P.M on the 30th day following the first Tuesday following the first Monday in January. (NCGS 90-155).
If your license lapses, you will not be authorized to practice chiropractic in North Carolina until you are reinstated. The *Reinstatement Process is summarized at the end of this page.
THREE STEPS to Complete the License Renewal Process
1. Verify Your CE Requirements at www.CEBroker.com
Log on to your CE Broker account to verify that all CE Requirements have been met.
You can see more information about setting up your CE Broker account here: https://ncchiroboard.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/DC_CCA_Submit_CE_Here_Mar24.pdf
You can go directly to CE Broker here: www.cebroker.com
2. Pay the Renewal Fee
Pay your renewal fee online through the “Make a Payment”
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT NOT SEND CHECKS.
Go to www.ncchiroboard.com.
The “Make a Payment” tab allows you to quickly make your renewal payment without having to log into the Doctor Portal.
3. Complete and Return the Annual Renewal Form
The Annual Renewal form is available on our website under DC Renewal Form in electronic format.
Print your License
Once you have successfully completed all the steps above and the Board Office has received all your information, you will be able to directly print your renewal license through the DC Portal.
Printing your Renewal License
- To print your Renewal License, navigate to your USER HOME screen. Click on Licenses and Renewalspictured in screenshot below.
- From the Active Licenses page, click on the CERTIFICATE icon for the license that you wish to print. A PDF file copy of your license will be generated for printing or downloading.
- Pay your renewal fee early and online through the website.You DO NOT have to wait until the end of the year to make your payment, submit CE completion certificates, and your Annual Renewal Form.
- Regularly monitor your progress towards meeting you CE requirement using www.CEBroker. Submit CE completion certificates to CEBroker.
- Always retain a copy of your CE completion certificates. While many CE providers state they will submit the certificates on your behalf, make sure you have a copy in case the provider doesn’t complete this process. You are ultimately responsible for providing proof of completion certificates.
- Make sure you keep your email address current with the Board. This is our main method of communicating with you so make sure you notify us about an email address change as soon as possible but no longer than 30-days per Statute. Also, please designate the Board email address email@example.com a trusted sender so that Board emails don’t get sent to junk or spam folders.
- It is important to keep in mind when you need proof of your renewed license tomeet recertification filings or deadlines. The earlier you need your renewed license, the earlier you should complete all requirements of the renewal process to enable you to print your renewed license.
If your license is cancelled, you must complete the following Reinstatement Process:
- Request reinstatement with a notification to the Board Office via email.
- Pay a reinstatement Fee of $25 along with your annual renewal fee (if still outstanding),
- Complete and report to the Board office all required CE hours, and
- Register and pay the application fee of $300 to take the NC Jurisprudence Exam.
- NOTE: IF your license has lapsed for more than 180 days you must also take and pass the SPEC Exam.