2019 ANNUAL CHIROPRACTIC PHYSICIAN LICENSE RENEWAL
This page outlines the “what, when and how” to successfully complete the License Renewal process.
Your license grants you the privilege to practice chiropractic in the State of North Carolina. A failure to complete your renewal within the required timeframe may cause you to lose that privilege. Each licensee is responsible for completing the annual renewal requirements as outlined in N.C.G.S. 90-155 and Rule 10.0205.
To renew your license for 2020, you must do the following:
- Pay your renewal fee of $300,
- Complete 18-hours of approved Continuing Education, and
- Complete your Annual Renewal Form and return it to the Board office.
All requirements must be completed and received in the Board Office by 5 PM, Tuesday, January 7, 2020.
Your license will automatically be cancelled if the Board office has not received your renewal requirements by 5 PM, Thursday, February 6, 2020.
You will not be authorized to practice chiropractic in North Carolina until you are reinstated. The *Reinstatement Process is summarized at the end of this note.
HOW to Complete the License Renewal Process
Pay your renewal fee online through the new “Make a Payment” tab or Doctor Portal.
We discourage payment by any form of check as they can be lost or not credited properly. Credit card payments create a permanent record, enables accurate application of funds and allows the Board office to research any payment related issues without first contacting you.
The “Make a Payment” tab allows you to quickly make your renewal payment without having to logging into the Doctor Portal.
Use the DC Portal to make your renewal payment, monitor your progress towards meeting your Annual 18-Hour CE requirement AND review/update your contact information, as appropriate.
The DC Portal is the first place you should go to check your progress towards meeting your 18-Hour CE requirement. Next, review your user record to make sure your contact information is correct. All licensees are required to update their contact information within 30 days of any changes (Rule 10.0204). You can meet this requirement by sending an email notification to the Board office with the new contact information or by directly entering the new contact information yourself with this online tool.
LOGGING INTO THE DOCTOR PORTAL
- Navigate to our website www.ncchiroboard.com and click on the DC/CCCA/XT GATEWAY LOGIN Icon shown below.
You will be redirected to the portal login screen pictured below.
- Enter account name ncboce, your email address on file with the Board, and the password ncboce or the password you created.
Please contact the board office at email@example.com for technical support.
PAY YOUR RENEWAL FEE
- From the USER HOME screen, select Licenses and Renewals as pictured in screenshot below.
- This will take you to the Active License page, click the Pay Renewal Fee icon as pictured in the screenshot below and follow the instructions to make your payment.
Complete and Return the Annual Renewal Form
The Annual Renewal form is available on our website under RENEWALS tab. Please send your completed Annual Renewal Form to the Board office by email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, upload here https://ncchiroboard.com/upload-ce-completion-certificates/or fax (704) 793-1385. THERE IS NOT REQUIREMENT TO REGULAR MAIL ORIGINALS.
Print your License for 2020
Once you have successfully completed all the steps above and the Board Office has received all your information, you will be able to directly print your renewal license through the DC Portal.
Printing your Renewal License
- To print your Renewal License, navigate to your USER HOME screen. Click on Licenses and Renewals pictured in screenshot below.
- From the Active Licenses page, click on the CERTIFICATE icon for the license that you wish to print. A PDF file copy of your license will be generated for printing or downloading.
- Pay your renewal fee early and online through the website. You DO NOT have to wait until the end of the year to make your payment, submit CE completion certificates, and your Annual Renewal Form.
- Regularly monitor your progress towards meeting you CE requirement using the Doctor Portal. Submit CE completion certificates to the Board office uploading certificates here https://ncchiroboard.com/upload-ce-completion-certificates/ or email or fax them as you complete the courses, so your record stays current. DO NOT wait until the end of the year to submit your CE certificates as a group. Doing this will not allow you to use the tracking feature of the Doctor Portal.
- Always retain a copy of your CE completion certificates. While many CE providers state they will submit the certificates to the Board office on your behalf, make sure you have a copy in case the provider doesn’t complete this process. You are ultimately responsible for providing proof of completion certificates if the Board office doesn’t receive a certificate. We strive to enter CE Certificates within 24 hours of receipt, if you do not see the CE course credits through the Doctor Portal please send them to us for recording via email, fax or uploading the completion certificates.
- Make sure you keep your email address current with the Board. This is our main method of communicating with you so make sure you notify us about an email address change as soon as possible but no longer than 30-days per Statute. Also, please designate the Board email address email@example.com as a trusted sender so that Board emails don’t get sent to junk or spam folders. Contact the board office with any issues.
- It is important to keep in mind when you need proof of your renewed license to meet recertification filings or deadlines for 2020. The earlier you need your renewed license in 2020, the earlier you should complete all requirements of the renewal process to enable you to print your 2020 renewal license.
- We expect over 2,100 DC renewals for 20120. Our goal is to post payments and CE credits within 24 hours of receipt during this peak period of November – January. To provide the best service during this time, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with renewal questions.
If your license is cancelled, you must complete the following Reinstatement Process:
- Request reinstatement with a notification to the Board Office via email.
- Pay a reinstatement Fee of $25 along with your annual renewal fee (if still outstanding),
- Complete and report to the Board office any CE hours you are short, and
- Register and pay the application fee of $300 to take the NC Jurisprudence Exam.
- Pass SPEC Exam if license cancelled for greater than 180 days.