License Renewal

(GS 90-155).  Licenses are issued four (4) times a year: January, April, July and October. (Administrative code T21:10.0203(b)) Chiropractic licenses must be renewed on or before the first Tuesday after the first Monday in January in each year after a license has been issued.

Chiropractors (DC)  and X-ray Technicians (XT) renew annually.  Certified Chiropractors Assistants (CCA) renew every three years. We send out license renewals annually, please contact us make sure that we have your most recent email address on file.

Lapsed License

If a license has lapsed, the applicant must make application and successfully complete proficiency examination. (Administrative code T21:10.0205(e))  If your licensed has lapsed please go to he Non-renewal page.

Continuing Education

All practicing chiropractors (DC) in N.C. need Two (2) days, which has been defined as 18 hours, of approved education each year. (GS 90-155), Administrative code T21:10.0205(c)(1)) Acceptable education includes (1) postgraduate education sponsored by an approved sponsor with a subject that deals with information contained in the basic curriculum and (2) seminars that have been reviewed and approved by the board. No practice management programs are allowed. See our DC Approved CE for 2016.

Certified Chiropractor Assistants and X-ray technicians are also required to have continuing education, the requirements are defined in the following links.  Please see our CE approval process to ensure your credit hours will count toward your CE requirement.

Continuing Education – DC
Continuing Education – CCA
Continuing Education – XT

Reciprocal agreements

NC offers an application to those license holders from states whose licensing requirements are equal to or greater than those of NC. A reciprocity form of verification must be completed by the chiropractic examiners office from the state from which you are applying. This may be obtained by requesting the same from the NC Board office. (GS 90-143.1), or from our Download Center.



For more information, please contact us.