We are now taking applications. The items below are required by the Board before you can take the exam. Items 2-5 must be received by the NCBOCE office no later than 15 calendar days prior to the exam. Click here for XT Exam schedule.
To apply for X-ray Technician examination, the following is required:
1. Complete 50 hours of education approved by NC Board of Chiropractic Examiners.
2. Download and complete X-ray Certification Application. To complete the pdf form you must have Adobe Reader, click here to download.* Send to us via fax or email.
3. Copy of driver’s license or birth certificate.* Send to us via fax or email.
4. Copy of your diploma or obtain transcripts for the following: High School, GED, or equivalency.College transcripts are fine.* Send to us via fax or email.
5. An application fee of $20.* To pay by credit card click here.
* IMPORTANT: If you are already registered with the board as an CCA, we do not need your transcripts.
For more information, please contact us.
§ 90-143.2. Certification of diagnostic imaging technicians. (a) The State Board of Chiropractic Examiners shall certify the competence of any person employed by a licensed chiropractor practicing in the State if the employee’s duties include the production of diagnostic images, whether by X ray or other imaging technology. Applicants for certification must demonstrate proficiency in the following subjects: (1) Physics and equipment of radiographic imaging; (2) Principles of radiographic exposure; (3) Radiographic protection; (4) Anatomy and physiology; (5) Radiographic positioning and procedure. The State Board of Chiropractic Examiners may adopt rules pertaining to initial educational requirements, examination of applicants, and continuing education requirements as are reasonably required to enforce this provision. (b) Any person seeking to renew a certification of competence previously issued by the Board shall pay to the secretary of the Board a fee as prescribed and set by the Board which fee shall not be more than fifty dollars ($50.00). (1991, c. 633, s. 1; 2002-59, s. 1.)